So this was meant to be a 10-day challenge. I didn’t do that, because I’m lazy and undisciplined. But I found the prompts to be thought-provoking. So here we are.
Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now
- What did I do to make you leave?
- I know I haven’t been enthusiastically supportive the last few years, but I’m proud of what you’ve accomplished recently.
- I wish you knew how much energy and time I spent on you.
- You can’t change the past. No one knows what happened. Please don’t blame yourself.
- I’m so happy I found you. Timing could not have been better.
- You’ve grown so much in the last few years. I’m proud of you. Stay strong.
- I’m glad I get to see you everyday.
- I think we can have a great friendship. Maybe more.
- You’ve been incredibly helpful, and I appreciate your support. But no, I don’t want to sleep with you.
- You’re pretty cool. We should hang out more.
Nine things about yourself
- I’ve never broken a bone or even sprained anything.
- When I was a kid, my favorite show was Power Rangers.
- Dolls scare me.
- I had an extensive collection of plushie snakes. They all had names and relationships with each other.
- I’ve only ever had one experience with drugs.
- I have an irrational fear of getting my nails done.
- I can’t sleep without socks on.
- I’m half Filipina. The only words I know in Tagalog are obscenities and the words for genitals.
- I will gladly let you have the frosting on my cake.
Eight ways to win your heart
- Be passionate about what you do. I don’t care what it is.
- Be health-conscious.
- Flirt with my nerdiness.
- Make an effort to spend time with me.
- Tell me I’m important to you. And mean it.
- Listen. Like, really listen. I can have a lot to say.
- Be proud of me.
- Allow me to explore my interests.
Seven things that cross your mind a lot
- “Am I required to put clothes on today?”
- “Why hasn’t natural selection removed stupid people yet?”
- “I don’t know what’s wrong with your computer. I just googled the same question you asked me.”
- “I should probably code something but I’m too lazy.”
- “Oh that’s a cool idea….does it work as a tattoo?”
- “I should write about that.”
- “What’s gonna happen to my mom if she finds out how many people I’ve slept with?!”
Six things you wish you had never done
(This was difficult. I make it a point to not regret things in life. I’m editing this question slightly, to “things you wish had turned out differently”)
- I wish I hadn’t let myself get so out of touch with reality.
- I wish I did more in college.
- I wish I had done better in that interview.
- I wish that big screw-up at work never happened.
- I wish I didn’t let people try to change me.
- I wish I hadn’t lost touch with so many former friends.
Five people who mean a lot to you
(in order of when I met them)
- My aunt.
- My best friend.
- Dirty bathrooms.
- Uninteresting conversation.
- Unhealthy lifestyles.
- Skilled, passionate kissing.
Two images that describe your life right now and why
These images represent an interesting dichotomy I’m going through.
- As evidenced by my entire blog, I’m doing a lot of self-exploration right now. Lots of adventures into unknown territory. It’s been fun, a little scary at times, but definitely worthwhile.
- At the same time, there are other areas in my life where I feel a bit held back. Lately I’ve been questioning my career choices, for one. I feel like I’ve settled into something I’m ok with, instead of really pursuing something I want.
- As much as I talk about casual relationships, staying independent, and not wanting to settle down, I am somewhat jealous of people in committed relationships. I don’t know what it feels like to have that–to have someone maintain a vested interest in me for more than a few months. I’m certainly not in a rush to find that kind of commitment, but I do feel a little disheartened when I realize it hasn’t come along yet.